- A HyperLogLog is a probabilistic data structure used in order to count unique things
- Queue is used for BFS, while stack is used for DFS.
- XOR doubly linked list: Essentially utilizing the 'previous' address during traversal
- A stack can be implemented with two queues https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/implement-stack-using-queue/
- Skip list implementation?
- Red-Black Tree
- Enumerate a finite number of cases to consider
- Use simplified number to represent the key for nodes and sub-tree
- How does color come into play?
- NP hard
- traveling salesman
- the knapsack problem
- Lowest Common Ancestor in a tree?
- Prefix tree or trie
a rooted binary tree whose internal nodes each store a key greater than all the keys in the node's left subtree and less than those in its right subtree.
BST can be used for implementing a K→V dictionary API.
def insert(key, value, bst): if bst.key is None or bst.key == key: # empty tree bst.key = value elif bst.key < key: insert(key, value, bst.left) else: insert(key, value, bst.right)
Hash function: uniformity.
Chaining is better than linear probing when the load factor increases.
http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~kube/cls/100/Lectures/lec16/lec16-14.html How to choose hash function for String.